Game of Thrones is one of the most popular and successful fantasy TV series ever made. Filming of seasons one to eight took place in around 25 locations around the north of Ireland including Titanic Studios in Belfast, Cushendun Caves, Murlough Bay, Ballintoy Harbour, Larrybane, Antrim plateau, Castle Ward, Inch Abbey and Downhill Strand. We offer two driver guided tours covering a range of filming locations.
Route one covers the area around the north Derry and north Antrim coastline and includes:
- Benevenagh mountain (Dothraki grasslands)
- Downhill Beach (Dragonstone)
- Dunluce castle (House of Greyjoy)
- Ballintoy Harbour (Iron Islands and Pike Island)
- Larrybane quarry (Stormlands)
- The Dark Hedges (The Kings Road)
There is also time on this tour to visit the Giants Causeway and Bushmills distillery giftshop.
Route Two covers the County Down Game of Throne locations including:
- Inch Abbey (Riverlands)
- Castleward (location of the original Winterfell Castle filming set)
- Audleystown Castle and Field (Robb’s Camp in Season 2 and the place where he first meets Talisa. Later on, Audley’s Field is where Alton Lannister is imprisoned with Jaime)